Internet Search Engines are special sites on the Web that are designed to help people find information stored on other sites. There are differences in the ways various search engines work, but they all perform three basic tasks:
- They search the Internet - or select pieces of the Internet - based on important words / key phrases.
- They keep an index of the words they find and where they find them.
- They allow users to look for words or combinations of words found in that index
Right now people are actively searching for products, services and information. Are they finding your site?
Search Engine Optimization campaign boosts the website's ability to be found by searchers seeking your services. This increase in targeted traffic to your site greatly increases the likelihood of sales.
Search engine optimization, also known as placement and positioning, is the process of optimizing and promoting a website over the Internet for top rankings in search engines. Search engine optimization is the process of increasing the amount of visitors to a Web site by ranking high in the search results of a search engine. The higher a Web site ranks in the results of a search, the greater the chance that site will be visited by a user. The resulting visitors to those sites are more likely to purchase products and services since they were specifically searching for that information. Only after optimization you can submit a site and hope for good results.
SEO Benefits :
Here are just some of the benefits you'll receive from a search engine optimization campaign.
- Traffic, Traffic and MORE Traffic i.e. increased traffic to your web site.
- Qualified leads - visitors are actively searching for your products or services. Over 80% of all Internet users search for what they are looking for in search engines.
- Increased sales - prospects use search engines to locate and buy goods or to do research before making a purchasing decision.
- Raise your profile - drive prospects to your site instead of your competitors.
- Highly targeted - focus on the most popular search phrases related to your products or services.
- Wide reach - focus locally, nationally or internationally. Or all 3!
- Fast turn around - search engine optimization campaigns can be implemented and working for you within 2-3 dedicated week efforts
- Low Promotional Cost
Importance of Search Engine Optimization :
The vast majority of Internet users find new web sites by using a search engine. A position within the top 20 listings of a major search engine tremendously increases traffic to a web site.
The first purpose of search engine optimization is to be positioned in the places where your customer is. The second purpose is to be positioned better than your competitions in these places. In the world of search engines, better means higher and higher means a much greater probability that an individual will click on your link. While this figure varies by engine, recent search data has shown that approximately 70% of users, if they click, will click on one the first three listings in a search engine.
It's low-cost! Online advertising, such as banner campaigns, can be quite expensive. Search engine placement, on the other hand, can be a low-cost process. Although some search engines have "pay-per-click" programs and paid submissions, there's no reason why one can't significantly increase one's site's traffic by simply understanding and applying optimization strategy.
High search engine rankings can be more effective publicity tools than paid ads. A top position on a major search engine such as Google can increase traffic far more than an expensive banner ad. Plus, the traffic you get will be more targeted -- it will consist of people who set out to find exactly what your site has to offer.